Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sleep Study KG style

I've been thinking a lot about how much sleep I'm getting- or lack there of.  I used to be able to handle about 6 hours of sleep, no problem.  In college, I'd get about 3 hours or 4, have a full day, go out out at night and then stay up til 4 in the morning.  I can't believe I was able to rally like that.

These days, If I don't get 8 hours I literally can't get out of bed.  I need my sleep.  NEED IT!  My birthday is next month.  I'm feeling old.  Last year I found gray eyelashes.  This year, its the sleep.

While reading this article on NPR I thought of my own sleep predicament.  I probably violate most  of the rules that the article tells you to follow in order to get better sleep- from caffeine too late, to electronics too late (although I did move my TV from my room which N hates).

N just got a new job and now has to be in bed by 10PM to wake up by 5AM.  Which means we can't have our routine convo from about 10:30-11:30ish.  Perhaps this will finally give me a reason to get my act together and sleep earlier.  ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz.